Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Common/Slang/Casual Hangul(Korean) Phrases

Today I'll show (more like read, but anyway :P) you guys some very slang and casual hangul phrases you can say to friends~ These phrases will not be very formal, but instead, very casual and very "friend-y" phrases! I have included pronunciation chart as well! (These phrases will be in hangul, so there will be no Romanization (AKA the English spelling words)

Here's the Hangul Pronunciation Chart!

(I DO NOT OWN THE PHOTO AND IT BELONGS TO IT(S) RIGHTFUL OWNERS!

Here are the Phrases!

너무 감격해서 눈물이 난다.
It was so touching, I almost cried.

메롱
Neh Neh Neh Boo Boo

두고보자.
Just wait! I’ll get (또는 pay) you back.

니 맘대로 하세요.
Suit yourself.

머리뚜껑이 열렸다.
My head is about to split.

그게 어딘데?
That’s better than nothing

어머, 부끄러워.
I’m so embarrassed.

아이고
[aigo]
exclamation.
Similar to ‘OMG’ or ‘oh dear’. Also written 아이구 [aigoo] in some dialects.

ㅉㅉ
[chuh-chuh]
onomatopoeic.
Sound of ‘tsking’, i.e. ‘tsk tsk’ –– indicating disapproval of something.
대박
[dae-bak]
exclamation.
Dae-bak, a common term used to express approval or admiration for something. Similar to “cool” or “awesome”, it can be used flexibly as a noun or adverb. See examples below:
  • This movie is dae-bak (a big hit).
  • This movie is dae-bak fun.
  • A: Today I saw the popular girl group SNSD.
    B: dae-bak!

ㅎㅎㅎ
[huh huh huh]
exclamation.
Onomatopoeic sound used when laughing, similar to ‘lol’ or ㅋㅋㅋ.







Thanks!

Thanks all for now! I might add some more soon though <3

Evaa

xx

Subscribe and follow for more posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment